Monday, June 2, 2008

Sheepish

My family likes sheep. Firstly, they taste good. But they're also mostly quite pleasant and friendly, even if their intelligence is slightly at a lower level than one could wish. Since they're in the tropics my family raises tropical sheep, which resemble goats. My dad is working towards his goal of a flock of over two hundred, at which point he can continuously supply various purchasers with fresh lamb. Dee-lish!

My sister Susan is raising some goats (not sheep), and emailed me recently to tell me about her billy goat, Billy. He is a terrible brat and pees on people and escapes out the fence every day and she's very proud of him (but not for those reasons). She is the only person he loves and he likes it when she combs his beard and coat. Here he is in all his goatly splendor:




Apparently they also rescued a friend's dying calf and named him George. George can barely walk even though he's a month old, so the joke is to say "George is running away!" when he manages to hobble a few steps.

What can I say? My family is a highly interesting and entertaining group of people!

No comments:

Be a Hero - Sponsor a Child